8 long months spent away from splitboarding, 8 long months of convincing myself that other pursuits compared.
Running and climbing away the weeks, lounging in the drawn-out, warm and comfortable days of summer. Hours into a run, or sitting on top of a cliff face at sundown, I'd tell myself these are the experiences and feelings I'm chasing. Telling myself these activities checked all the same boxes as ripping a snowboard down an engaging couloir.
What a load of bullshit!
That feeling of my entire body keeping balance over a single edge, every fiber working in unison to maintain this balance while bouncing back and forth between turns, aggressively embracing gravity. That feeling of dancing down a narrow strip of snow enclosed by towering granite walls, not falling in a no-fall zone.
That's all it took to remind me what a beautiful passion this is. To be able to share it with the best of people... what a treat.
Looking forward to the beginning of a safe and wild winter.
- Jun 17, 2018 the Monk in the Mountains Jun 17, 2018
- January 2018
- Nov 14, 2017 fall to winter 2017 Nov 14, 2017
- Oct 23, 2017 ooooo that feeling! Oct 23, 2017
- Sep 20, 2017 Reflections & Ruminations, Mt Adams Sep 20, 2017
- August 2017
- Mar 9, 2017 T.Rootin! Mar 9, 2017
- Feb 3, 2017 The Mighty GrayWolf West Feb 3, 2017
- Jan 25, 2017 italia, fino alla prossima volta Jan 25, 2017
- December 2016
- Apr 1, 2016 Weekends Like These Apr 1, 2016
- March 2016
- Feb 12, 2016 Fun in the 'Snake Feb 12, 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015